Cat owners must be on the lookout for certain things while purchasing elevated cat hangouts to ensure their furball’s safety while it climbs, jumps, and leaps. Remember that surviving falls, injuries, and accidents can be challenging for young kittens and older cats. So, be cautious about what you buy for your cat.
After installation, supervise your cat’s activities around those items so you can quickly intervene and keep them out of harm’s way when a situation calls for it. At the same time, consider being prepared with cat insurance so managing unanticipated health scenarios and emergencies is easier.
Cheap pet insurance supporting your cat with quality medical care during critical health situations can help significantly reduce your stress. Contemplate purchasing a policy if you haven’t bought a policy yet. In the meantime, read this article for some tips on selecting the right elevated cat hangout for your kitty.
- First, double check if the cat product is sturdy and well anchored so you can allow your cat to do what it wants to do freely. For instance, while selecting a multi-level cat tree, check out the ones with steps, so it is relatively easy for your cat to run up and down the various levels.
- In contrast, when choosing an item for a senior cat, you should consider equipment with extra safety measures and more if the cat has physical disabilities. For example, consider buying a product with provisions only for climbing, not jumping or leaping. Make sure the product is small or medium in size, doesn’t have slippery surfaces, and is simple to navigate.
- In a multi pet household, owners can consider installing cat perches with two exits so one cat can’t stop the other from moving away if required. It helps minimize silly quarrels and more serious cat wars over claiming the perch.
- Another danger of having shelves or perches with varnish is the possibility of slipping and falling while leaping. In such a case, consider covering the surface with a rough blanket, carpet, or cat bed to safeguard your cat during its indoor adventures.
- Adding vertical space can offer your cat additional territory and physical and mental enrichment. It is all the more critical when you have too many resident cats vying to mark their territories indoors. So, whether you have one or many cats, consider adding plenty of wall and window perches.
- You can also fix a super highway so your cat can access various parts of the house with little hassle. With this arrangement, kitty cat can easily navigate the home without having to deal with the obstructions (furniture, indoor plants, other objects, and humans) present on the ground.
- Cat hammocks are other attractive alternatives to cat trees. Your cat can relax sitting there without worrying about human babies, toddlers, and other distractions in the household. It offers convenience, comfort, and privacy.
There are many innovative and attractive cat products like window perches with scratchers, luxury cat sills, window mounted cat beds, sunny window seats, and climbing mazes. Consider your cat’s personality, taste, physical ability, general health, and needs to buy that perfect elevated cat hangout.
Also, never ignore the importance of having a medical financial back up in terms of cat insurance. Contemplate purchasing cheap pet insurance in the least, so your furball is covered for basic health benefits with only a bit of economic burden.